Monday 25 September 2017

Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo - September challenge


Journey

Escape
A new found love...creating a canvas.
Using an awesome photo taken by my husband during a cycling adventure. I just love the morning mist in the photo, giving a slightly eerie feel.


To begin, I primed the canvas with a layer of black gesso. Then comes the layers...matt texture paste, sand texture paste, lots and lots of chipboard cogs/bolts, and some random metal elements. I built up the centre section of the canvas with scrap chipboard pieces. As I added each layer, I coated all pieces with black gesso.


Before adding the final layers - the chicken wire and the framed photo, I added colour to the  background - a mix of Prima Antique Brillance wax and Prima Art Alchemy mettallique paint.

To frame the photo, I have used a piece of corrugated cardboard, smudged with gesso and wax. The top layer of embellishments are metal cogs, arrows, globes and other bits and pieces.



 Thank you to the team at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo for organising such great challenges each month. This was lots of fun.



4 comments:

  1. Ammazing wow wow wow thanks for playing at scrapki-wyzwaniowo challenge this month!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.Thanks for joining us at scrapki-wyzwaniowo challenge!!

    ReplyDelete