Wednesday 7 June 2017

Mixed Media World - #25

Anything Mixed Media Goes with a Twist (Moodboard)

Imagine - Canvas
I was inspired by the colours from the moodboard, particularly the bright blue.
I wanted to create a canvas incorporating a photo of my daughter taken on the day of her high school formal.

This is only the second canvas I have created, so the process was very much an experiment, but a fun experiment.

After coating the canvas with white gesso, I added some texture paste through a stencil and some random pieces of tissue paper.  To give more texture, I cut narrow strips of chipboard, which I added in a random manner, I also included a few chipboard 'scraps' and some buttons. Using a palette knife I added various chunky pastes and some glass beads.


The hardest part was waiting for all the texture to dry, then a quick coat of white gesso. I coloured the canvas using Prima Art Alchemy paint in 'steampunk copper', 'deep waters' and 'ancient coin'. Again...waiting for it to dry.

  
The 13 arts chipboard clock face and title were painted with the ancient coin paint; as were the wood veneer pieces and the Prima flowers (dry brushed). I finished the canvas with some metal flowers and charms, a Prima 'globe' and some gold micro beads.


This was such an enjoyable project and I really love the finished creation. Thank you to the team at Mixed Media World for the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment