Friday 23 September 2016

Dusty Attic - September mood board entry


I really liked the colours of the Dusty Attic September mood board, and I felt that they really suited this photo of my husband's mountain bike.   www.dustyattic.com.au

I started with some texture paste, which I sprayed with various mists, I think I used about five different colours. 



The Dusty Attic Cog Cluster and Cogs#1 chipboard pieces were perfect for the layout.  I coloured them with two shades of brown ink, and smudged on a touch of metallic gilders paste.  


I supplemented the cogs with some metal washers that I 'rescued' from my husband's shed. I also added a few metal brads.



I used the Dusty Attic Blueprint Explore for the title. This piece I left raw so that it stood out on the page. My finishing touches included die cuts, jute cord and hessian scraps.








5 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I love the grungy colours and the awesome title! Thanks for joining us at The Dusty Attic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather, thank you for your lovely comments. I am new to mixed media, but having lots of fun as I learn.
    I have just added some close up shots of the layout - I am new to blogging as well. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grungy masculine layout looks fantastic Carolyn! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Dusty Attic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have created a simply stunning layout Carolyn!! I love this! Thank you so very much for playing along with us at the Dusty Attic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this page!!! Lovely masculine touched and certainly clever to leave the title raw!!! Great shot of your Hubby's bike..Thank you for sharing it here with us at the Dusty Attic!!!

    ReplyDelete